I recently visited one Finnish school, they teach number concept and basic functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide) through interesting but simple games. For e.g. famous animated characters running on scale-like road and students have to write how many scale points they are running. I think any IT student can make these types of softwares and we can use effectively in our school.
There are various small innovation introduced by Finnish teachers. Best thing, they are very empowered and workout their own way of teaching. I am amazed by their autonomy in school work.
Geography teacher used yet another innovative method for introducing geography of a particular city (in this case London, UK). He started showing popular images of London and without mentioning the city name,
led his class to underground tube network and various platforms showing directions of the city. Then he linked highlighted one important point:
Geography is not just about maps. It's about identity of a place and it is integrated in our lives to such an extent that we often forget that we are banking on our geographical skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment